Wednesday 20 June 2012

Tangle Teezer and a dupe for those on a budget



I love this thing. I really do. I'm going to say it again, even though I say it everytime I write about my hair, I have really thin/fine hair! And something that is upsetting when you brush through your hair as a fine haired person is the sound of "snapsnapsnap". I'm always really careful, but even the gentlest brush doesn't compare to this for me.
I was really skeptical about this working as it is made form plastic, which I didn't think would be soft enough. If I'm honest I thought this would rip my hair apart, but it doesn't! 

The original Tangle Teezer of £10.99 from Boots, which I thought was a bit steep for a hair brush, however it really has helped with my split ends so I think it was worth it.



However the other day I was in Primark and saw a rip-off version for £1.50. I thought as it was so cheap I'd get it to test it out and I do quite like it.
It's smaller than the original so I've decided to put it in my bag for when I'm out. I have to say that it's not as good as the original either. If you look at the er... 'brisles' you'll see that the Primark ones are a lot thicker...



They're also harder, with less give in them and I think this is how the Tangle Teezer works, as well as having the different levels of pointy-brushy-bits. If you don't want to spend eleven quid on a hair brush I say check out the Primark one. It's not as gental and I still use my original when I'm at home, however for out and about this one is perfect!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment