Friday 9 March 2012

Superdrug Colour Effects: My results

I'd just like to point out that I've had Manic Panic Vampire Red in my hair for about 4 washes now. I wanted something to revamp the colour as it washes out. Now logically you would put the Rich Red over the top of a RED hair dye. But nope. I wanted it to become more ginger, so decided the best option would be to up the Honey Blonde on.




The bottle informs me that I should wash my hair, then apply this and leave it for 5-10 minutes. But of course I ignored it. I washed my hair yesterday, so just got it wet and put some conditioner through it today. I don't like to wash my hair more than twice a week. After I was done I applied maybe 1/4 of the bottle to my hair (I have thin, shoulder length hair) and left it for 1 hour. It was meant to be half an hour, but someone was having bath so I had no access to the bath room ;)


                                      Before                                     After

These are my results. They're not huge, but in person I can see that the faded red has lifted slightly and the naturally blonde highlights in my hair have become a bit more prominent. Something I would like to touch upon is the condition. In both these pictures, all I have done is finger comb my hair through. However in the 'after' shot it looks sleeker, shiner! Now I realise that this is only 'skin deep' (or hair deep :p) - as in, it's hasn't done anything other make my hair look good for now - but I like it all the same. I was half expecting for this to dry out my hair, however it would seem that it really is conditioning after all ;)

Verdict? To early to tell. I'll give the Rich Red a go, and probably make a video review as well as I small blog review ;)
Have you tried this stuff and how was your experience?

Thanks for reading :)

2 comments:

  1. I tried a few of these last year, to make my dark brown hair more auburn. I think they worked a little, but it was hard to tell! Good for the price though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're really only meant to tint. I think if you put a really dark colour on top of blonde it would show up quite well. It's nice to just have a tint to make my hair more lively though :) And you can't beat the price!

      Delete